Fifteen years of experience working in 17 countries, primarily in Central and Eastern Europe and Former Soviet Union, but also in Latin America and Asia.
Specific fields of expertise include:
- Defense Policy and Strategy
- Civil-Military Relations
- Democratic Control of the Military
- Capabilities-Based Planning
- Planning, Programming, Budgeting and Execution System
- Resource Management
- Established network of partnerships with defense consulting firms in Europe and North America.
Career as a Senior Civil Servant in the Ministry of Defense and Joint Staff combined with career as a professor and research manager in Estonian National Defense College (ENDC). Recognized as an accomplished Defense Adviser providing advice and practical support primarily to countries in Eastern Europe, but also in Latin America and East Asia, in developing their defense forces, policy making, defense planning, and resource management systems and practices.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- More than 20 years experience in executing and teaching Defense Policy, Planning and Management. Proven financial and personnel management ability
- Accomplished speaker at workshops and seminars
- Diligent, able to multi-task effectively
- Outstanding training, leadership, and communication skills
- Master’s Degree from the US Naval Postgraduate School and Doctorate from University of Zurich